We list the best home design software to help you build your perfect workspace.
If you’re looking for the best home design software in 2020 to plan your workspace or studio, you’ve come to the right place.
Home design software is designed to enable anyone to plan their own home or workspace without having to study to become an architect. They should be easy to use, with a clear and concise interface that gives you all the tools you need to design the perfect studio for your creative work. You can then export your plans to give to architects and builders – who will turn your designs into reality.
There are plenty of reasons why a creative would want to buy the best home design software. You may want to design a studio or workspace that gives you the room you need to take your creative work to the next level, while complementing your existing building or home. Of course, you may also want to use the tools we’ve included on this page to extend your home or build a dream house from scratch.
If you want to explore other resources that might help you to fulfil a professional need, check out our handy lists of tools for graphic designers and free graphic design software for when you’re on a budget.
The best laptops for graphic design
Because you’re a creative, and not an architect, the software we’ve picked makes it easy for anyone to come up stylish designs quickly and easily. They will also allow you to add features such as doors and windows, while guiding you so you don’t make any dangerous, impractical or downright impossible designs!
So, when choosing the best home design software for your needs, you’ll need to consider how easy it is to use – and if there are any features such as manuals and video tutorials that can help you get started. Every piece of software we’ve included in this list of the best home design software has been picked because it offers an excellent balance between features and ease of use.
That means you can pick any of our choices here with confidence, knowing that you’re not spending money on overly complex software with advanced features you’ll never use, nor on a tool that’s too simple and lacking in features.
Virtual Architect Ultimate Home Design
The best overall home design software
- Easy to use
- Sample plans help you get started
- Not the largest selection of sample plans
- Phone support is costly
Virtual Architect Ultimate Home Design is our pick for the best overall home design software thanks to its easy-to-use interface and sample plans that will get you designing your home, studio or workspace in no time at all. It’s incredibly simple to use thanks to a number of wizards that take you step-by-step through the process of designing each room, and it has a large object library for you to add to your design. It also automatically calculates what materials you need – and there’s a price calculator as well which gives you an idea of how much it will cost to build your designs.
- Easy! No design experience necessary.
- Fast! Wizard-driven interface means quick results!
- Fun!Use digital photos to make over any room.
- Powerful! Enhanced 3D technology takes photorealism to a new level.
- Flexible! Perfect for home and interior design, remodeling and landscaping.
- Complete! Thousands of 3D graphics help to visualize and plan your space.
- Innovative! Technical support and home design video tutorials.
Virtual Architect Ultimate Home Design with Landscaping and Decks 9.0
Complete Software to Transform Your Home and Landscape $99.99
The best home design software in 2019
- Virtual Architect Ultimate Home Design. The best overall home design software. …
- TurboFloor Plan Home & Landscape Deluxe. The best value home design. …
- Home Designer Suite by Chief Architect. The best home design for Macs. …
- DreamPlan. The best home design for small projects and studios.